Friday, April 3, 2009

Ultimate Fight: Fedor vs. a Bear

Ok, I found this a week ago or so, but I had to post it. Fedor Emelianenko is a Mixed Martial Arts fighter generally considered to be the best in the world. Now, he appeared on Sport Science, which has always been a cool show where they take athletes and scientifically break down what they do. With Fedor, they were specifically measuring his choke.
A few notes:
  • Fedor can choke someone with a grip as strong as that of a bear. Not Winnie the "Where's my hunny" Pooh Bear, but like "I will eat your car" Alaskan Brown Bear. And remember, Fedor knows how to use tools and strategize, which I would argue is a higher level of thought than the Alaskan Brown Bear's "F*** that thing up" strategy. Hence, Fedor = scarier than bear.
  • Fedor tested his choke on Sport Science's host. The host passed out at 4 seconds, when his pulse went from 113 to 180 bpm and his pulseOx went from 98% to 83%.

No comments:

Post a Comment